🧑🎓 vs 🧑🏫
It's always a bit of a dilemma. Let us give you a helping hand!
One of the most common questions we get asked here at KIS Academics is whether a student tutor or a qualified teacher is the best option to be your private mentor.
Are graduate university students as experienced as a qualified teacher?
Do teachers have the secret strategies used by top-scoring graduates to achieve perfect grades?
Now, the answer can depend greatly on your own personal situation, but let's break this question down for all you students and parents out there and bring some closure to this age-old battle.
🧑🎓 ⚔️ 🧑🏫
🧑🏫 Team Teachers
Why you should pick a teacher:
- Qualified teachers hold a teaching degree and have learnt specific pedagogical techniques
- They have years of experience helping students and teaching in classrooms at various schools
- For students below year 5, teachers are uniquely qualified at both keeping children entertained and engaged while also teaching them (it's not an easy task!)
- Teachers are also the best people to help students with learning difficulties or who are neuro-atypical. Students with more advanced learning needs require specialists who are familiar with how they learn best, and thus a teacher with experience in that area should be your number one option!
🧑🎓 Team Graduates
Why you should pick a graduate tutor:
- Relatable, fun and engaging tutors who know how to use technology to enhance learning and foster a student's love for a subject
- They understand how to get top scores because they've done it all before and know exactly how to replicate their success for other students
- They have unique perspectives differing from what's taught at school, providing new insights and strategies for tackling subjects
- Graduate tutors have industry experience in their respective fields and can help students relate their subject content to real-world applications. ie. a student doctor teaching biology or a finance graduate teaching accounting
🧠 Our final recommendation:
KIS Academics is targeted at a specific demographic: Students from Years 5-12 that want to catch up, maintain or boost their academic performance and confidence at school.
If you're a parent or a student and this category applies to you, we recommend a simple solution. There's no need to pit graduate tutors and teachers against each other - your best solution is to get the best of both worlds!!
🧑🎓 🤝 🧑🏫
As a student, you're spending 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, learning from experienced and qualified teachers at school. You've got access to the resources they provide, you can ask them for help in class whenever you need and gain their perspective as teachers and examiners at any time. You'll always have access to these teachers and you'll see them numerous times every week (and sometimes numerous times every day!). Their job is to teach a class of students the content described on the curriculum and make sure not a single dot point is missed - a job that teachers do extremely well and a job they're uniquely qualified for.
Outside of school hours, a graduate private tutor can provide you with something different and unique. Someone who is fun, relatable and super intelligent, making time spent learning outside of school hours enjoyable instead of being a drag. Rather than feeling like an extra hour of school, lessons with graduate tutors feel like a break. These sessions are nothing like school but are still highly productive because classes are individualised and focused entirely on your needs 💪
Your graduate tutor is just as much a friend as they are a tutor, meaning students can be more comfortable around them, suggest more imaginative ideas and don't have to worry about the anxiety of putting their hands up in class and getting questions wrong.
And best of all they've done it all before. Just like how the best football coaches are all ex-football players, the best tutors are ex-high-scoring students.
Want to get a perfect grade in your maths exam? There's nobody who'll understand how to achieve your goal as much as someone who has actually done it before and succeeded.
Want to top your class at school? Why not learn from someone who graduated from the same school as you at the top of their class a few years ago, and knows exactly what teachers want on assessments and tests? If you're keen on online tutoring, it's important to find the best one. Explore Australia top-scoring tutors here.
Want to get into medicine? Why not learn from a current student doctor who aced their entrance exams and knows all the secret tips and tricks to completely wow examiners?
These tutors provide you with a unique perspective that doesn't compete with what you learn from teachers at school, but rather complements it.
And when your graduate tutor is hand-picked from the best performers in Australia, given specific curriculum resources to use with students and trained to be an excellent and engaging communicator, then you've found the perfect service to complement your teachers at school 😍
If you're looking for private tutoring that will harness what you've learnt from school and help you take your knowledge to the next level, book in a free study skills consultation with one of our top tutors.